In the Beginning...

The new healthy living festivities have begun!  So far so good and I'm quite amazed at how my will power has been holding out... usually there's a HUGE fight between my body and my will power, I'm sure you can guess which one usually wins.  Well not this time... the house is stocked with "good for you" stuff and I kept myself fairly busy this weekend to keep my mind off shoving stuff in my mouth.  It seems like I was on my feet in the kitchen all day Sunday, prepping the goods for the week... getting meals together and what not.  Roy has even joined me in this venture... it's going to be a little harder keeping him on a plan because he works crazy hours, but I think we can make it work with a few adjustments.

I came across a recipe for roasted spaghetti squash and had to try it!  Of course I didn't follow the directions exactly, seriously, who does that?  I took a picture of my creation that I'll have to add later but basically what I did is... roasted the squash, mixed the inards (minus the seeds) with green pepper, onion, turkey bacon, shredded chicken and my secret spices then plopped it back in the shell of the squash and baked it a little more... awesomeness.  There are of course things I'll do differently should I make it again but overall it was a good little dish... that was VERY filling, I barely made it through one serving!  I know this is going to be hard to believe but I even made it WITHOUT butter... oh yeah, I've gone cold turkey on the butter folks... you've been warned.



Guess what else I did... dare I say... bought knitting needles and yarn.  I know crazy huh?  Well back in the day I use to play around with the needles & yarn, of course I never advanced past scarves but hey, at least I tried it and I liked it!  So with idle hands while watching my stories I figured it would be a good hobby to pick back up to keep me from being bored and snacking... yeah yeah, I know what you're thinking... why don't I just exercise or go for a walk or something like that.  Cause I don't want to... well not that I don't want to and won't, but a little something to do while relaxing in down time is needed.  It took me a while to remember how to even start the darn thing but I got her going... got my cast on and ummm... yeah, that's where I'm stuck at - but only because I had 50 other things going and got distracted but I'll be back at it tonight... after my walk, because I'm sure Julia won't let me forget that we're suppose to go for a walk tonight.  

~ Bigger Snacks mean Bigger Slacks ~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You're doing what?

Cinnabon Delights...

Zoom Zoom Zumba!