Crockpot Chicken Teriyaki

If you're on Facebook or Pinterest you've likely seen the posts for crockpot chicken teriyaki, much like I have.  Over and over I kept seeing the post, finally clicked on it and the recipe seemed simple enough... so simple I decided to change from the traditional Christmas ham dinner to chicken teriyaki for our Christmas meal this year.  Ok, so the kids didn't exactly go for it... but I did and it was delicious!

So the day came and do you think I could find the exact recipe I originally looked at, no of course not... so I googled it.  Yep, as you suspected 100 upon 100's of versions of crockpot chicken teriyaki.  So as I reviewed the recipes most got a thumbs down simply because there were to many ingredients and or things that needed to be done.  Seriously, the whole purpose of crockpot is to just dump it and go right?  Not cook for 3 hours then do this for 2 then do this and then that and... you get the point.

So naturally I decided to add one more version to the list and here is what I did...

in the crockpot I mixed one 14.5 ounce can of low sodium chicken broth, one cup of brown sugar, one cup of low sodium soy sauce, one bottle of teriyaki sauce, minced garlic, and a couple teaspoons or so of sesame oil.  I submerged about 4 boneless chicken breasts in the crockpot, put the cover on and let it cooked 4-5 hours on low - or until the meat was fall apart tender.


 
Then I removed the chicken and set it aside... mixed up some cornstarch and water mix and then whisked it back into the sauce in the crockpot to thicken just a bit.  While that was thickening up I pulled the chicken apart so that it was shredded.  Once shredded I put it back in the crockpot to totally absorb the juices for another 20 minutes or so...
 
 
 
Then all I did was serve it up on white rice... easy as that, Christmas Dinner... not to mention enough leftovers to last a couple days!
 

 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You're doing what?

Cinnabon Delights...

Zoom Zoom Zumba!