Pancake Fried Bacon... Say what?

If you know me and my kids on a personal level you know of our love for bacon.  This year for Christmas I decided to take it to the next level...


~ PANCAKE FRIED BACON ~
 
 
Yes, you read that right... while I'm not a fan of pancakes, the kids are and a friend had posted this idea on Facebook so I thought what the heck I'll give it a whirl.  Ok maybe it wasn't "what the heck", maybe it was more like oh hell yeah I'm doing this one!!  No better time than for Christmas right!?
 
So when the kids were away I fried up a bowl of bacon - because if I'd done it while they were there, there wouldn't have been any left to make these delicious bites of heaven.
 

 
Christmas morning was upon us, the gifts were open, the floor was nowhere in sight, and it was time to begin making the most epic breakfast ever....
 
I mixed up some buttermilk pancake batter, and just like making onion rings started dipping the bacon in it....
 

 
 
Then right into the hot oil they went... not to worry, I kept it healthy and fried them in canola oil.  :-)
 


Just like anything else one fries up, they fried until a golden brown then drained on paper towel... amazingly I didn't have to put them in the oven to keep them war, they stayed warm quite a while... once I had a nice pile of them I sprinkled them with powdered sugar, dished them up with a side of syrup (maple is recommended but I'm poor so it was whatever was on sale this week) and voila... epic breakfast!

The kids and I both loved them, I found that the ones with minimal pancake batter were the most flavorful but surely didn't discriminate against the ones with extra batter.  Overall they tasted like a bacon stuffed elephant ear... pure heaven!


 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

You're doing what?

Cinnabon Delights...

Zoom Zoom Zumba!