Spicy Bacon Avocado Eggrolls

I love eggrolls... one day an acquaintance had me try some of their homemade eggrolls and I almost melted right there, they were THAT good!  So after some time I got to thinking about it and came across a recipe that seemed easy enough and decided to give it a whirl.  I figured if the acquaintance could make them, certainly I could... so I did.  I quickly came to the conclusion that 1, that bumble head did NOT make those eggrolls, and 2, I should have known better than to think they did.  Oh there's no doubt that they were homemade, but not by that person.

Either way, they were pretty easy to make... and they don't even begin to compare to the ones you get in the restaurant.  I've made them with a pork/beef combo and chicken.  I always bake them, they're quite tasty and slightly healthy this way... I'm sure fried is the preferred method but who wants to use up all that oil?  So... over the years I've experimented with the eggroll idea which brings me to todays project... Spicy Bacon Avocado Eggrolls... Mmmm....

I fried up some bacon, two packages actually but only because my kids wolfed down the first one before I could get to work on my eggrolls.  Darn kids anyway!  I layered half a slice of pepperjack cheese, avocado slice(s), some bacon, more avocado and then roll it up - it's THAT easy!  The number of avocado slices will depend on the size of your fruit.  Mine were on the smaller size so it was two slices per layer.  Lightly brush olive oil on rolls, bake at 350 for 10 minutes then flip and make for another 5-7 minutes depending on your oven until golden brown.

Layer your goods... 
 
Roll it up & brush with olive oil...
bake until golden brown...

Mmmmm...

If I was feeling really adventurous I would have whipped up a creamy cilantro dressing to dip them in, this time I just went with the straight plain nonfat greek yogurt - it certainly didn't stop me from eating more than I should have.  I'll be making this dish again, maybe with chicken or some kind of beef slice...
 

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You're doing what?

Cinnabon Delights...

Zoom Zoom Zumba!