Texas Caviar

Yes, I know I said I was going to be better about blogging my weight loss adventure this time... well I'm going to say it again, so what about it?  I've decided to blog about new healthy recipes that I'm finding & trying and maybe even a line or two here and there about how that darn workout just kicked my butt!

The thing I can't decide on though... do I share the recipes as I found them, or as I made them?  If you've spent any large amount of time around me in the last 10-12ish year you'll know that I don't to often follow recipes to the "T" - I use them as a guide and go from there, making everything to taste and rarely measuring a thing... unless it has to do with baking of course.  A lot of my improvising is due to not having a certain product or not wanting to spend top dollar for an ingredient I'll likely use just once.

Up first we have... TEXAS CAVIAR!!!

The recipe as I found it...

2 T chopped fresh cilantro
(2 T red wine vinegar)
(1 T canola oil)
(1 T hot sauce)
1 garlic clove, minced
15 oz cans black-eyed peas, rinsed & drained
1 c diced red onion
1 c diced seeded tomato
1 c diced green bell pepper

Combine cilantro, vinegar, oil, hot sauce &
garlic in a large bowl; stir well with a whisk. Add
black-eyed peas, onion, tomato & bell pepper;
toss gently to coat.

The recipe as I made it... 

1 diced red onion
1 diced green pepper
hand full of fresh cilantro
1 can of spicy diced tomatoes
2 cans of black beans, rinsed & drained
1 squirt of cider vinegar
1 squirt of vegetable oil

Mix all your ingredients together and voila!  Of course I used my Tupperware Quick Chef for all the chopping so I pretty much had this recipe made and cleaned up within 10 minutes!!!  Another variation as suggested by my good friend and awesome supporter Trisha would be to add Pace Picante instead!!  Why didn't I think of that - we have some in the fridge!!!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You're doing what?

Cinnabon Delights...

Zoom Zoom Zumba!