Cream Corn

Just over a week ago I was at Rudy's BBQ in Leon Springs TX feasting on beef brisket and the best tasting cream corn I've ever had!  I knew I wasn't going to be able to get any safely back to MI with me so I took it as a challenge to figure it out and make my own version.  I'd tried making cream corn once before like some character did on one of those cooking shows but I didn't have the patience... and being that today was a lazy day - it was cream corn by crock pot!

Now I don't know if this tastes like Rudy's because I don't have any Rudy's immediately available for comparison but I will tell you... this turned out to be some damn good cream corn if I do say so myself!  The secret ingredient (thank you Danette for the tip) is cream cheese.  I knew I was gonna have to "cream" it up but wasn't sure what to use and I'll be darned if the cream cheese wasn't it!  The hard part came in getting the ratio right, which I didn't but it was still freaking awesome!  It was a little runny but that's easy to fix...

Dump all the ingredients in a crock pot...
Cook on low for about 4 hours...
 and voila.... cream corn, and you know I had to top it with bacon!

Ingredients
2 pounds frozen corn
1/2 stick butter (I always use unsalted)
8oz cream cheese
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream (I used 1cup which is why its so runny)
salt & pepper
4-ish tablespoons of sugar (add based on your liking of sweetness)

Dump it all in the crock pot, cook on low for 4 hours until everything is melted & well blended and eat up!

**I suppose for a "healthier" version you could use splenda and fat free cream cheese but what's the fun in that!?

Comments

  1. I shall give this a whirl. I shall let you know what I think.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

You're doing what?

Cinnabon Delights...

Zoom Zoom Zumba!