Creamy Chicken Soup

When it's winter time I love love love eating soup, but rarely is it ever from a can - most always made from scratch around here!  Now I've made many a chicken noodle soup in my day but never a creamy version, so here we go... my new favorite soup!!

*Please keep in mind that the measurements for these ingredients are only estimates*

2 celery stalks chopped
2 carrots (4 or 5 baby carrots) chopped
1/2 white onion chopped
3 gloves garlic minced

Saute` them up until tender... I sauted them in a smidge of bacon grease and butter.  Then add a little flour, I'd say about 1/3 cup and heat until golden forming a roux and one tablespoon of Italian seasoning like this....

Then I gradually added about 20 ounces of unsalted chicken stock, stirring and mixing well.  As it started to simmer I added 2 cooked boneless chicken breasts (rough cut), one can of evaporated milk then about 1 1/4 cup of Ditalini pasta.  Let it simmer until pasta is cooked and voila... creamy chicken soup!  I don't ever add salt or pepper when cooking, so you'll want to do that to your liking - I just like adding mine on an individual serving basis.

 
 
This is probably the best soup I've had in a long time... another meal that I definitely plan to make again in the future!
 
 
 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You're doing what?

Cinnabon Delights...

Zoom Zoom Zumba!