Wine Slushies!?

I know right?!  Wine Slushies... who would have thought?  Just the thought of it makes my mind race with endless ideas!   When you get a chance, check out D'Marie - they have some neat gift ideas.  Not necessarily healthy, but neat still the same.

Back in Spring of 2012 us girl cousins got together in Birch Run MI for Shipshewana On The Road... if you've never been I recommend going at least once!  I would like to one day make it to Shipshewana IN but for now, I'll make due with the traveling one!  While we were shopping and enjoying all the vendors we came across someone serving up wine slushies!  Now I am by no means a wine connoisseur, not even close to being one so for me to try something like this was out of the box... but I did, and I'm glad because turns out it was yummy and I actually bought a box of mix.

They told me how to do it, suggested a couple different wines but I was scared... of the unknown.  I bought the mix but knew nothing about wine, and still don't, so I didn't want to buy a yucky one and mess it up.  Fast forward nearly 2 years and guess who found that box of mix... and right before New Years Eve no less!  Perfect timing right?  I even had a bottle of so called wine in the fridge...



Now obviously a $5 bottle of wine is not top shelf... be patient with me, baby steps... So back when it was on sale I bought a couple bottles of Arbor Mist and still had one left.  I wasn't sure how the mix was going to be or if this was still going to work after two years but figured what the heck...

So I emptied the bottle into my Tupperware Pitcher, followed by 1.5 wine bottles of water and the package of slushie mix.  The mix did have some clumping to it that wasn't breaking down fast enough for my liking so I took the immersion blender after it and mixed her up real good, stuck it in the feezer for about 5 hours and came up with this...

 
 
I know you're wondering, well what the heck was in that mix?  I wondered too, being conscious of what I've been eating I was afraid to look at the label but much to my surprise, only a couple ingredients that I have no idea what they are... and are likely not good for you.  I'd say with this being the worst thing I consumed yesterday, I ended the year on a pretty decent note.
 
 
Here's to a Happy and Healthy 2014!!
 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You're doing what?

Cinnabon Delights...

Zoom Zoom Zumba!