Southwestern Salad & Creamy Cilantro Lime Dressing

I came across this salad "recipe" and had to try it, mainly because of the dressing.  I absolutely love cilantro.  The recipe called for an orange bell pepper but the store I was gathering supplies from didn't have any at the time so I went with red and it all worked just the same.

So I cut up a head of romaine lettuce, half a red bell pepper, a half can of drained and rinsed black beans, 5 chopped green onions, maybe a cup or two of thawed frozen corn and a mini pack of cherry tomatoes also chopped.  Put them all in a bowl like this...



For the Creamy Cilantro Lime dressing, I took about a cup of plain Greek yogurt, half a bunch of cilantro without stems, lime juice, garlic, olive oil, cider vinegar, and a pinch of salt and blended it in my wonderful Magic Bullet.  Most recipes I've seen for this calls for white vinegar... I like to live large and used apple cider vinegar instead.  Really I'm just cheap, already had the apple cider and didn't want to buy the white.  I know you're sitting there yelling at me because I didn't list the measurements for each... because I didn't and don't measure when I cook, unless it involves baking.  I will say though, you shouldn't need much more than a quarter cup of the olive oil...
 
I absolutely love this dressing... for one, it's homemade and I know exactly what's in it.  And two... it's just plain yummly!  So from there I poured a bit (maybe 1/4 cup, again do it to your liking) over the salad, mixed it up and chowed down.  I put it in a rather large bowl and expected to have some left... shamefully I admit I was scraping the bowl - it was THAT GOOD!  Will I be making it again, you betchya... will I be doing it just the same, nope.  Next time I plan on throwing in some grilled chicken or even steak... definitely worth repeating this dish!
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You're doing what?

Cinnabon Delights...

Zoom Zoom Zumba!