Sinday Confession...

Yesterday we took the kids to the Toledo Zoo, it was our first time going, it was a last minute decision, and of course... it was darn near 100 degrees out!!!  No, seriously, I have a picture of a thermometer to prove it!  I don't think we took in all the zoo probably had to offer and the heat played a big part in that... it also played a big part in my motivation today.  Two hours walking around in the heat yesterday was still affecting my legs today... and of course, the entrance in and out of the zoo was up hill... up then down to get in, up then down to get out.  WTF were they thinking when they designed that?  So now of course because I was a lazy slug today, all that exercise went for naught.

Started out the day nice and fresh at 6:00am to go do the weekly grocery shopping... it's so much nicer shopping when there are minimal people to contend with, not to mention when the kids are still at home sleeping.  Soooo... when I got home I was created by my little devils angels and they "helped" me carry stuff in, all the while whining about being either hungry or thirsty.  So like any good mother would do, I fed them Stouffer's French Bread Pizza for breakfast.  HEY!  Don't bitch at me!  They didn't want the typical breakfast and all they were asking for was junk, like pudding and animal crackers... at least this was an "actual meal."

Several hours later I peeled myself up out of the recliner and moved to the basement to work on making some candles and doing some laundry.  Yes I said making candles... I make and sell soy candles.  Been out of it for a year due to moving for new employment and having restricted living & work space to do such things... but now I'm stocked back up and back into the full swing of production.  Of course if I didn't mention the name or where to find my candles I would be remiss... so all you candle lovers, hop on over to Bishop Creek Candle Co.  

While I was in the basement working away at pouring candles and folding clothes, Ok, I was really taking a break and watching some Curb Appeal show, the Hubs rises from the dead his slumber and asks what's for lunch?  Ummm... hadn't thought about it, why?  Well apparently he's hungry but doesn't want me to cook anything for fear of the house heating up because the A/C was on the fritz.  So to Burger King he went... I was good and just got a simple salad.  Ok, no I wasn't and didn't... I went full out Whopper AND I enjoyed every bit of it - oh yes I did!  So how many confessions am I up to now?

And here comes my Sinday Confession recipes for the week.  I'm not proud of them, for a couple reasons... 1) they could have turned out better and 2) while still edible, they could have turned out better.  BUT... I'm still going to share them because I want you all to know I'm not as perfect as you may think, hahahaha.  First up we have quick and easy home made Mac N Cheese.  I've made it before and it's always been pretty good but never this version and I really wanted to make homemade more so for the kids to give them a change up from the nasty boxed stuff with powdered cheese.  

So I started out with a few key ingredients as you can see here... only thing missing is bacon.

So the basic low down on how it all went together... I boiled & drained the shells then threw them back in the pot with the heat on medium.  Dumped in the Sharp Cheddar, 1/2 a bag of the Colby Jack, couple of good size dollops of sour cream, several dollops of the Santa fe Cooking Cream, smidge of garlic and a Paula Deen size tablespoon of butter - something like half a stick.  Stir it all up and voila, you're done... I won't say it was yucky, cause it is edible... it just wasn't as creamy as I like or as I was expecting.  I think it probably could have used some milk or cream to smooth it out.

I topped my individual serving with fresh cut onions and a little Extra Spicy Seasoning from Mrs. Dash... note the bacon is still missing.  And wouldn't you know it - the kids didn't even want any!  Brats!

And now we come to the final sin of the day... whoop, no no, no we don't... sorry, next to last sin... Sweet Potato Muffins.  Not all that sinful right?  I mean they are made from sweet taters and those are healthy - right?  Anywho... when it comes to baking I'm a bit more precise with the measurements, or at least I try to be.  Ya mix together one cup of sugar, 1.5 cups of flour, 3/4 tsp of cinnamon (that one I didn't measure) and a pinch of salt.   Then you add a cup of mashed sweet tater, 3/4 cup of oil and 2 slightly beaten eggs.  Mix it all together, fold in some pecans and you get this...
Then you get this...
Then after about 20-30 minutes in a 350 degree oven, you get this...
But you know I couldn't just leave them all plain and boring like that right? Sooo...
Oh yes I did!  I frosted some with cream cheese frosting and sprinkled brown sugar on top!!!

I cut one open so you could see what it looks like inside... doesn't look done does it?  trust me, they're done... at least I think they are... they're kinda yummy but also a little on the tasteless side.  If I do these again some day I think I'll definitely throw more cinnamon in them.  But they must be pretty good because Julia requested I put one in her lunch for school tomorrow!!

ok, NOW we're on to the final sin of the day... a beverage.  A well deserved beverage if you ask me....

They've been showing commercials for these frozen drinks a lot lately so when I saw they were less than $2 at the store I figured what the heck, I'll give it a try.  So I bought one... only one... I know, big spender right?  They come in several flavors but I went with the one...
So I flipped it over to check the nutritional value, ok you got me again, I didn't give a rips ass about the nutritional content.... just give me the freaking drink already!  But I wanted to show you the back of it to see if you notice the same thing I did... (give it a second before scrolling down for the answer)
Do ya see it?  Ok, I'll just tell you... 

"Enjoy at home or on the go."

Seriously!  I stood there looking at it thinking, does that really say "on the go"??  Are they really endorsing drinking and "going"... cause they do say it has alcohol in it.  Although based on the way I felt after drinking it - not so much.  I think it was probably more flavored ice than it was anything else.

I admit, this little gem was tastey... but that's about it.  If I was looking to get any sort of buzz or relaxing effect from drinking it, I'd just go straight for the Tequila bottle and skip all the fancy foo foo next time.

There you have it folks... it's been one heck of a sinful day...












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You're doing what?

Cinnabon Delights...

Zoom Zoom Zumba!